For the second-half main project, my idea is to make a solar powered digital camera. The inspiration was from ‘Cyanotype’ which is a photographic printing process. It tooks couple minutes exposing under bright sun to make a blue print of that photo. I found it very cool and decided to make a digital version.
I’m planning to use an e-ink screen to display the photo since it only consume energy when it refresh. The whole process would be:
- Place the camera under sun for minutes
- Click the shutter button to take a photo
- Wait a second for the screen to refresh
- The photo stays on the screen forever until you shoot another one
- (Save the image to an SD card)